Recruitment is one of the most crucial functions of any brand or business. It uses up a lot of work and resources. However, Bashar J. Katou states that your talent pool determines your business success. He recommends talent pooling as a means to save money and time while getting the best available talent to join your team.
A talent pool is a collection of probable employee profiles that allow businesses to cultivate employees in specific areas that align with the values and core competencies of the company instead of merely focusing on cultivating particular job skills. Some of the typical talent pool sources are:
1. Applicants sourced by your recruitment team
2. Applicants whose services you do not require at present
3. Potential candidates sourced at career events
4. Candidates you can re-engage with
Benefits of Talent Pooling According to Bashar J. Katou, creating and nurturing a talent pool is vital to your success as it improves hiring quality and provides a diverse pool of talent for you to select from. Here are some key reasons for you to add talent pooling to your hiring strategy:
· A Ready Database of Able Candidates Live candidate profiles are valuable as they contain up-to-date information on the candidates’ experience, proficiency, and availability, states Bashar J. Katou. Apart from improving productivity, this also allows you to focus on other aspects by reducing the need for manual admin.
· Improves Candidate Experience Talent pooling, says Bashar J. Katou, immensely helps improve the candidate experience as it does away with rejection. Re-engaging with candidates not only motivates them tremendously but also positively influences their perception of you as an employer.
· Promotes Diversity and Inclusion Talent pooling disrupts the traditional method that encourages specific criteria for a particular role. As per Bashar J. Katou, it promotes the consideration of a larger proportion of diverse candidates regardless of gender or race.
· Improves Hiring Time Bashar J. Katou advises you to pare down your dependence on the traditional hiring approach and, instead, develop a well-managed talent pool. This will help you to identify suitable candidates and approach them directly, allowing you to curtail rejections and save time and money with fewer applicants to review and engage with.